Manufacturer Part Number: 99630
Skin and Coat Supplement. Mirra-Coat Offers:
- A blend of essential fatty acids and nutrients specifically required for healthy skin and hair-coat. Because Mirra-Coat is fortified with only the nutrients for skin integrity, it does not interfere with other supplementation of vitamins and minerals.
- Powdered Mirra-Coat is easily fed by mixing into horse’s daily ration.
- Palatable, high protein powder.
- Concentrated essential fatty acids (EFA).
- Vitamins A, B6, E, biotin and zinc.
- For maintenance of normal skins cells.
- Assures utilization of EFA by the skin.
- Develops and maintains a pliable, moisturized skin.
- Develops a glossy hair-coat.
- Encourages regrowth of hair.
For the first two weeks, mix 2 scoops (8Tbs) into the horse’s daily ration. After two weeks, reduce to 1 scoop (4tTbs) daily. Twenty-five pounds of Mirra-Coat will last one horse more than one year. For dogs, mix into dog’s regular ration daily. Feed ¼ scoop (1Tbs) per 2- lbs body weight.
Ingredients: Soy flour with soybean oil added, vegetable oil (preserved with mixed voopherols), dextrose, zinc methionine, calcium silicate, vitamin E supplement, natural and artificial flavors, vitamin A acetate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, biotin.
Not for human consumption. Store in a cool, dry place. This product is intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only.
Indications: For dry, flaky skin, especially for horses in dry (hot or cold) climates and for faster shedding of winter coat and growth of summer coat. For reducing grooming time and for developing a glossy hair-coat in show or sale animals.
Horses respond to Mirra-Coat supplementation by increasing their level of essential fatty acid in the blood serum. In a feeding trial with horses, those horses fed Mirra-Coat showed a 12% increase in serum arachidonic acid (the active end product from linolaic metabolism) levels over non-supplementation horses. This means the essential fatty acids in Mirra-Coat are being metabolized to increase the amount of arachidonic acid available to nourish the skin and hair-coat.